WIFI COMPUTERS & HOTSPOTS
Access our FREE! Wireless Internet connection from any device. Get this month’s passcode from one of our clerks at the Circulation Desk, connect to the “RPLD” wireless network, and you’ll be online and ready to go.
- There are 6 Adult desktops and 4 Youth desktops available to patrons for 1-hour increments.
- Riverdale residents with a RPLD Library card or valid ID proving residency may use the computers free of charge.
- Non-residents or residents who cannot prove residency may receive a guest pass for computer use for the price of $1.00 per hour.
- The computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If there is no demand, users can request more time.
Please save any important documents or data as the computers will automatically log off 15 minutes before closing.
>Monday thru Thursday – 5:45pm, Friday – 4:45pm, Saturday – 1:45pm
- Laptops are in-house only and are available to Adult (18+) RPLD cardholders in good standing.
Please have your library card on hand as it will be required to checkout a laptop. There is also a $50 deposit (Cash Only) due at time of checkout which will be refunded once the laptop is checked in.
- Laptops cannot be reserved ahead of time and are subject to availability and can be borrowed for up to 3 hours at a time. If there is no demand patrons may extend the time for an additional 1-3 hours. The maximum limit is 6 hours and returns must be made no later than 30 minutes before closing.
- Patrons must not remove laptops from library premises. Borrowers of a laptop and/or laptop accessories are financially liable if the laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen while in their possession.
- Riverdale Public Library District offers a limited supply of portable HotSpots which can be checked out by Adult (18+) RPLD cardholders in good standing.
- There is a $20 refundable deposit (Cash Only) due at time of checkout.
- Please present your library card and valid ID to be photocopied at time of checkout. Address on ID MUST match your library account. If your ID does not match, you will need 2 pieces of proof of residency.
- Patrons may check out 1 HotSpot per household address. Checkout is for 2 weeks and there is no option to renew. When a HotSpot is returned, there will be a 24-hour waiting period to checkout another HotSpot by that household.
- 3 late returns of HotSpots will result in a permanent ban from borrowing Hotspot devices. Any use of the device for illegal purposes, unauthorized copying of copyright material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory, or obscene materials is strictly forbidden.
- Please Note: If the HotSpot is returned on time with all components in good condition, you will receive your deposit in full. However, there will be a $2.00 charge deducted from your deposit per day for each day the HotSpot is returned after due date. If the HotSpot has not been returned after 10 days past due date, it will be considered lost/stolen and your account will be suspended and charged $175 for replacement.
- Dropbox: To avoid damage do not place the HotSpot in the Dropbox when making a return. If the HotSpot is found in the Dropbox, you will void your $20 deposit. If the HotSpot is damaged as a result of the item being placed in Dropbox, your account will be suspended and charged $175 for replacement.